Eric and Nicole Taylor and their four kids were able to safely escape the fire but lost everything they had, including all their clothes.
Saragossa and Mount Zion firefighters responded to the blaze but were unable to save anything. The fire started because of an electrical problem, Nicole Taylor said Tuesday.
The family has been staying at the Super 8 motel in Jasper thanks to assistance from the American Red Cross and others.
They still need more help, specifically clothing for their four kids. Kylie, a special needs child who has Asperger’s syndrome, is 10 years old and wears size 5 juniors. Kelsie is 7 and wears girls size 7-8 and Maysie is 5 and wears girls size 5-6. E.J. is just 2 years old and wears boys size 3T.
Kylie is a fifth-grader and Kelsie a first-grader at Lupton Junior High School.
“So much is going on right now we just don’t know where to start,” Nicole Taylor said. “We just don’t know how much more we can take.”
Eric Taylor just got laid off from his job a few weeks ago, his wife said.
Anyone wishing to help the Taylor family can make a donation to an account in Eric Taylor’s name at Bank of Walker County.
To help the family with donations of clothing and furniture or perhaps a place to stay, you can call Nicole Taylor at 1-256-267-7728.