There is a very important election that will be held on Tuesday, Dec.12, in the State of Alabama for the United States Senate.
Attorney Doug Jones believes the United States of America is a land of laws, justice, freedoms, equality and opportunity. Jones will take those values to the U. S. Senate and work hard for ALL of the people of Alabama.
Doug Jones is an American lawyer and politician. He served as a United States Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama beginning in 1977. He was nominated by a Democratic President and confirmed by a majority-Republican Senate. Jones stated "It was an honor to serve my country and shaped the next 20 plus years of my life." Jones was born in Fairfield. He graduated from Fairfield High School, the University of Alabama and Cumberland Law School.
Doug Jones’ platform states:
“• Everyone has the right to quality, affordable health care.
• We must restore Alabama's trust for its elected leaders.
• All children deserve a first-class education regardless of where they live.
• College must be affordable without burdening a student with overwhelming debt.
• I believe in science and will work to slow or reverse the impact of climate change.
• It is past time we raise the minimum wage to a livable wage.
• Women must be paid an equal wage for equal work at all levels.
• Voter suppression is unAmerican-we must protect voting rights.
• Discrimination cannot be tolerated or protected. American is best when it builds on diversity and is welcoming of contributions of all.
• I will defend a woman's right to choose and stand with Planned Parenthood.”
I believe that Jones embodies the courage, integrity, values, experience and character that is needed in Washington.
Doug Jones is the candidate who will follow the laws and work untiringly to make life better for all. He has the Ten Commandments in his heart and strives each day to live by them.
We must exercise our right to vote because so many people lost their life to ensure that we could vote.
Love, Peace & Power To All...
May God Bless The USA...
Ms. Shirley A. Mitchell,