Other guests scheduled to appear in coming weeks include Project Rebound team members, Bessie Coleman and local storyteller Billie Seales.
The program begins each Thursday through July 19 at 10 a.m. and is open to children 5 to 12. This year’s theme is “Dream Big — Read!”
Staff member Polly Harrelson said the program is focused on entertainment rather than reading, children are encouraged to keep a log of the books they finish throughout the summer.
At the finale on July 19, prizes will be awarded based on age, the number of books read and difficulty.
“It’s a way to keep them reading over the summer, and it’s something fun and free for families to do,” said staff member Polly Harrelson.
Other libraries within the Carl Elliott Regional Library system also participate in the summer reading program.
The schedule is as follows:
• Sumiton Public Library — Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
• Double Springs Public Library — Tuesdays at 1 p.m.
• Arley Public Library — Wednesdays at 1 p.m.
• Carbon Hill Public Library — Wednesdays at 2 p.m.
• Haleyville Public Library— Thursdays at 10 a.m.